The Peter Michal Bohúň Gallery in Liptov Region
The Peter Michal Bohúň in Liptov Region was founded in 1955. It is the third oldest gallery in Slovakia. It is named after the artist of national revival and classical Slovak art of the 19th century, Peter Michal Bohúň (September 29th, 1822 - May 20th, 1879). The gallery building originally housed the Evangelical school for girls, where painter Peter Michal Bohúň worked as a teacher in the years 1854 - 1865.